Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions

My 2009 resolutions for BBH are to release 5 Weezy Pieces and Mood Stabilizer Vol. 2 no later than March as download only. Physical releases of these might follow at any time, but it is more likely that a Best of however many Mood StaBILIZER VOLUMES THERE WILL BE, WILL BE THE ONLY PHYSICAL RELEASE TO RESULT FROM THAT SERIeS. aT SOME POINT IN 2009, FIRST FIFTEEN (15 SONGS FROM THE FIRST 15 YEARS OF bbh) WILL BE RELEASED, NOT SURE HOW THE DOWNLOAD ONLY/PHYSICAL RELEASE situation will pan out. In a year and a half or more, a FIRST FIFTEEN VOLUME TWO (15 more songs from the first 15 years of BBH) will probably be released. More volumes in the Mood Stabilizer series and the all new GNOME SANE? album will probably not see the light of day in 2009 because

My 2009 resolutions for Headflap, the live arm of BBH, have me prioritizing the quartet over my onemanband BBH activities. Headflap is trying to draw attention to my backlog of material, so it is not like I need to add TONS of material to an already cloged pipeline. So I have a three year plan in mind. It starts with us releasting -- preferably download and physical simultaneously -- the mostly recorded Headflap's version of FIRST 15 (15 songs from the first 15 years of BBH as performed by Headflap) also no later than March... maybe April? and just gigging as much as possible and networking and all the rest. As BBh's 2nd volume of FIRST FIFTEEN gets released, I hope to release twoHeadflap albums COLD SPONGE and WARM DOVER in fairly quick succession (6 to 12 months apart?) throughout 2010 and 2011. The two albums are a 50/50 split of the old BBH stuff and brand new material, only a small fraction of which might appear on GNOME SANE or even maybe a MOOD STABILIZER album. Finally, I hope to try and have Headflap play the 2010 and 2011 CMJ festivals so submitting stuff to their stations in 2009 seems wise.

So there it is. My 2009 resolutions list. Hope you liked 'em. Me, I plan to live them, best I can. In 2009 I'll do what I can to set this 3 year plan in motion. I have ideas what Headflap could do beyond that but a 4 or 5 year plan seems too ambitious. Okay then. Good morning. Have a great day.

No comments: