Sunday, February 28, 2010

कॉलेज रेडियो Promotion Week 7

Milwaukee, WI WI WMUR RADIO reports: "Headflap was checked out for review by a dj, but he hasn't brought it back yet." We will follow up next week and make sure he does!"

And that pretty much sums up the main risk of promoting ones music to college radio: has this young dj found a cd that speaks to him in a very direct and meaningful way? Or does he loathe it so much he felt compelled to fling it frisbee style out a window into the dark snowy night? Will the cd make its way back to the studio?

To paraphrase Joni Mitchell, I've seen college radio from both sides now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As I recall, we flung Nevermind out the window after 1st listen. Went out & retrieved one of the greatest albums of all time from the snow several days later.

headflap said...

close, Tom. It was In Utero, the album after Nevermind. I have a personal copy of In Utero and I love it; I do not have a copy of Nevermind today.