Saturday, August 25, 2007

80 South Forge Manor Drive

I found out two days ago that the next M Knight Shamalyan movie 'The Happening' is filming in Phoenixville, in a little roadside restaurant called the G Lodge on route 23. From 1971 to 1980 I lived literally half a mile down the road from there. I remember eating at the G Lodge maybe 3 times: once on the day we moved out of that house to go to Valley Forge, then twice during my more recent dialysis years when the unit was part of Phoenixville Hospital.

Nineties baseball phenom Mike Piazza lived near there too -- my mom used to drive him and my bro and other kids to kindergarten.

Also nearby, a diner and a movie theater were used in the original 1950s version of the Blob.

So there you go, a big dose of past present and hopefully future for you.

tI don't know if Shamalyan's 'The Happening' takes its title from anything related to the Pixies song of the same name.

No comments: