Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fear of People's Progress, Latest Edition

Last night, my folks drove me to the studio -- I had to stop driving 10 years ago -- and I laid down the vocal tracks for 3 songs: Moses's 'Waiting Game' and 'All I Want to Say to Sting' and my 'Livin on the Fringe.' I think I did really good work, and it went much more quickly than last time, that whole part of the session took like two and a half hours. Just like last time, Mike gave good feedback to guide me quickly toward usable takes when my initial ones were not good enough.

Then we did some drum edits and experiments with synth effects for other songs, but after a while Mike 'hit a wall' and we called it a night. Mike has to be at a video shoot for the song that the Boils wrote for the Flyers. That's one of his last commitments with those guys. Then BBH gets to borrow his drumming services for a bit, as he is filling in for our initial gigs till we hold our auditions and find our new bandmate. Mike is also helping out with that process and it's being held at his Second Story Sound Studio.

No comments: